How to setup a Shopify webshop
5 minutes read
This article guides you through the setup process for a Shopify shop. The article will cover the two steps required to create a shop using our Shopify Integration:
- Create Custom app in Shopify
- Create shop in Feedr using the custom app
Create Custom app in Shopify
When using our Shopify integration, we'll import your products through Shopify's API's. In order for us to access your products, you need to create a Custom shopify app. The Custom shopify app will work as our entrypoint into your shop. Here is how you create a Custom app for us to use.
- Log in to Shopify
- Click "Apps" in the left sidebar
- Click on the "Develop apps"-button
- You might be prompted to accept various Shopify policies
- Create a new app by clicking the green "Create an app"-button and enter "Feedr" as app name
- On the "Overview"-tab click on the "Configure Admin API scopes"-button
- Now you need to grant the following permissions:
- Save the granted permissions
- Finally, go ahead and install the app by clicking the "Install app"-button in the upper right corner
- Now, Shopify will reveal three different keys, you'll need when creating your shop in Feedr:
- Admin API access token
- API key
- API secret key
Note that Shopify will only reveal the Admin API access token once. If you loose the key, it can't be retrieved again. You can however uninstall the app and reinstalling it again to get a new Admin API access token.
You're now ready to move on to the next and final step in creating a Shopify shop in Feedr.
Create shop in Feedr using the custom app
- Log in to your Feedr account
- Navigate to your shops
- Click the add button in the right corner
- Select the Shopify integration and fill out the form for creating a shop.
Now it's time to use the Custom app created in the previous step. Insert Admin API access token, API key, and API secret key into their respective fields.
Choose the correct currency, language, and metrix and click the "Create shop"-button.
Now, we'll attempt to connect to your shop using the Custom app you provided. Make sure your keys are correct in case any error is returned.